Docks and Marinas
Has your dock tenure expired or do you need to obtain tenure for your dock or marina? Hill will work with you to obtain your licensed tenure and liaison with the applicable agencies. We work with yourself, strata council, your dock builder and licensing/ permitting agencies. We stay with you thoughout the process to liaison and troubleshoot for you.
Hill Environmental provides a multitude of freshwater fisheries and aquatic habitat services. We specialize in aquatic habitat assessments, including Riparian Areas Assessments (RAA), fish stream classification, fish culvert passage assessments, fish and fish habitat inventories (FFHI), fish salvage, compensation plans, and Environmental Mitigation.
Aquatic Habitat Services Offered:
- Riparian Areas Regulation (RAR) studies
- Fish Passage Culvert Inspection (FPCI)
- Fish Stream/ Riparian Classification
- Environmental Impact Assessments and Remediation Plans
- Fish Salvage and Electrofishing
- 1:20,000 Reconnaissance Fish and fish habitat inventory (FFHI)
- 1:50,000 Overview Fish and Fish Habitat Inventory
- Fish habitat assessment procedure (FHAP)
- Stream rehabilitation, spawning assessments
- Primary and secondary lake inventories
- Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP) Services
Docks and Marina Assessments
Hill Environmental has successfully completed multiple dock and marina assessments on Okanagan Lake, Kalamalka Lake, Mara Lake, Shuswap Lake and Sugar Lake. Hill will liaison between multiple government agencies, including FrontCounter BC, Integrated Land Management Bureau (ILMB), Navigational Waters (Transport Canada) and the Ministry of Forest, Natural Lands Resource Operations in pursuit of developing an environmentally friendly dock meeting regulations. Following the Large Lakes Protocol (Mabel, Sugar, Okanagan, Kalamalka, Wood, Skaha and Osoyoos Lakes) for works within yellow, red or black foreshore sensitivity zone require a Qualified Professional to assess the effects of proposed works on the foreshore.